Our goal is to align our efforts with Seattle Council PTSA (SCPTSA) & Washington State PTA (WSPTA), so that we are advocating for all children, including our own (WSPTA Advocacy Focus Areas). Below are some ways you can help!
Contact Legislative/Advocacy Chair Liz Ebersole at email@example.com to get started!
- Meet with SPS Board Rep. Jill Geary at her weekly Zoka coffee meet-ups (Tuesdays @ 8 am)
- Attend/speak at SPS Board Meetings (monthly)
- Next SPS Board Meetings: October 2nd and 16th (Click here for more info about attending SPS Board meetings)
- Serve on SPS Committees that parents are invited to serve on (I’m on two!)
- Write to SPS Board Members and/or SPS Administrators
- Look for Action! emails from Legislative/Advocacy Chair Liz Ebersole!
- Attend the WSPTA Advocacy Focus Day in Olympia (TBD: Jan or Feb)
- Call and/or write WA Legislators when critical decisions are being made
- Look for Action! emails from me!