Notes of Appreciation
Instructions for Accolades
Accolades in 5 Easy Steps!
PLEASE BRING COMPLETED ACCOLADES TO SCHOOL. THERE ARE TWO OPTIONS:
- Bring your accolades to drop off and pick up on Monday and Tuesday. Collection bins will be at each entrance. You may also drop off accolades in these bins on Thursday morning by 8:10 am.
- Drop off accolades anytime before Thursday morning at 8:10 am to the collection bin located outside the school front door.
1. Print these instructions and the word list (see below) and give it to your student. Parents are encouraged to write letters as well!
2. Have your student choose a word (or words) from the list below that represents what his/her classroom teacher means to him/her. If s/he wants to use a word not on the list, combine words, write a poem or limerick, that’s great, too!
3. Next, have your student write the teacher’s name and the chosen word(s) on an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper. Students can also incorporate drawings, cartoons, etc.
4. If your student receives services from any of the following specialists, have her/him repeat steps 1-3 (above) for the person s/he works with the most.
ELL Ben Conway
Occupational Therapist Theresa Berkeridge
Physical Therapist Cheryl Kerfeld
Psychologist James Cordell
Resource Room Rose Valente
Reading Intervention Carol Donahue
Speech Language Path. Emily Tabet
Special Ed Teacher Cathy Patnoe
Instructional Assistants Michelle Stryker, Johnny Walker, Jr., Jason Walsh, Jeff Paul
Tutors Helen Ajayi, Anna Faraday, Vivian Van Gelder
Instrumental Music Matt Okun
5. If your student didn’t do step 4, have him/her repeat steps 1-3 for one of the following staff members as outlined below. (This helps ensure that everyone on staff will receive accolades; students are welcome to do as many as they have time for.)
Last Name Starts With: Recipient
A-B: Nurse Marguerite Watson
C-D: Art Teacher Jennifer Lundgren
E-F: Music Teacher Timothy Moore
G-H: PE Teacher Isabelle Auty
I-J: Librarian Jodie Purcell
K-L: Principal Julie Pearson
M-N-O: Admin Secretary Daisy Lukas
P-Q-R : Office Substitute Amy Carroll
S-T: Counselor Sarah Waymouth
U-V-W: Custodian Ricky Morris
X-Y-Z: Evening Custodian Brandon Benitez
Possible Words to Use: accomplished amazing awesome bright brilliant calm caring clever committed compassionate creative dazzling dedicated delightful devoted encouraging energetic engaging enthusiastic excellent wonderful exceptional extraordinary fabulous fantastic focused great helpful impressive incredible innovative inspiring intelligent inventive joyful kind knowledgeable magnificent marvelous neat organized outstanding patient positive professional remarkable sensational special spectacular splendid superb supportive talented terrific tremendous unbeatable understanding upbeat warm wise
Estimated time for students to complete: 3 minutes (for minimalists) to 20 minutes (for those who like to take their time.)